Professor John Barrow
- 2008-11 Gresham Professor of Geometry, Gresham College
- 2003-7 Gresham Professor of Astronomy, Gresham College, London 2003-7
- 2004-7 Vice President, Clare Hall, Cambridge
- 1999- Fellow, Clare Hall, Cambridge
- 1999- Director, Millennium Mathematics Project, University of Cambridge
- 1999- Professor of Mathematical Sciences, Dept. Applied Mathematics and Theoretical Physics, University of Cambridge
- 1994-99 PPARC Senior Fellow, University of Sussex
- 1992-3 Royal Society Leverhulme Fellow, University of Sussex
- 1989-90 and 1995-99 Director, Astronomy Centre, University of Sussex
- 1989-99 Professor, Astronomy Centre, University of Sussex
- 1986-7 Nuffield Foundation Fellow, University of Sussex
- 1981-8 Lecturer, Astronomy Centre, University of Sussex
Cosmology, astrophysics, theories of gravitation, astroparticle physics, and astronomical tests of fundamental physics. Public Engagement: Mathematics education, public understanding of science and mathematics. Millennium Mathematics Project (see www.mmp.maths.org)
- JD Barrow, 2008 100 Essential Things You Didn't Know You Didn't Know, Bodley Head London and Norton NY.
- JD Barrow, 2008 Cosmic Imagery: key images in the history of science, Bodley Head, London and Norton NY.
- JD Barrow and J Middleton 2008 The Stability of an Isotropic Cosmological Singularity in Higher-order Gravity, Phys. Rev. D 77, 103523
- JD Barrow, R Maartens and CG Tsagas 2007 Cosmology with Inhomogeneous Magnetic Fields, 2007. Physics Reports 449, 131-171
- B Li, DF Mota and JD Barrow 2008 Detecting a Lorentz-violating Field in Cosmology, 2008 Phys. Rev. D 77, 024032
- JD Barrow, 2007 A Strong Constraint on Ever-Present Lambda, Phys. Rev. D 75, 067301
- JD Barrow and S Hervik 2006 Anisotropically Inflating Universes, Phys. Rev. D 73, 023007
- T Clifton and JD Barrow 2005 The Power of General Relativity, Phys. Rev. D 72, 103005
- JD Barrow 2005 General Cosmological Bounds on Spatial Variations of Physical Constants, Phys. Rev. D 71, 083520.
- JD Barrow 2004 Sudden Future Singularities, Class. Quantum Gravity 21, L79-L82
- K Subramanian, TR Seshadri and JD Barrow 2003 Small-scale CMB Polarisation anisotropies due to Tangled Primordial Magnetic Fields, Mon. Not. Roy. Astron. Soc. 344, L31-35
- HB Sandvik, JD Barrow and J Magueijo 2002 A simple varying-alpha cosmology, 2002. Phys. Rev. Lett. 88, 031302
- Gresham Professor of Geometry and Emeritus Professor of Astronomy
- President BAAS Physics and Astronomy Section
- 2008-9. Hon. Concurrent Professor of Physics, Univ of Nanjing
- Various Trustee Boards.