Dr Pau Figueras
- 2013-present: Stephen Hawking advanced postdoctoral research fellow, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 2010-2013: EPSRC postdoctoral research fellow, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 2007-2010: Research associate, Department of Mathematical Sciences, Durham University
- 2003-2007: PhD, Universitat de Barcelona. Supervisor: Prof. Roberto Emparan.
General relativity, higher dimensional black holes and numerical general relativity
- P. Figueras and T. Wiseman, "Stationary holographic plasma quenches and numerical methods for non-Killing horizons," Phys. Rev. Lett. 110, 171602 (2013).
- P. Figueras, K. Murata and H.S. Reall, "Black hole instabilities and local Penrose inequalities", Classical and Quantum Gravity 28, 225030 (2011)
- P. Figueras and T. Wiseman, "Gravity and large black holes in Randall-Sundrum II braneworlds", Phys. Rev. Lett 107, 081101 (2011)
- P. Figueras, J. Lucietti and T. Wiseman, "Ricci solitons, Ricci flow and strongly coupled CFT in the Schwarzschild Unruh or Boulware vacua", Class. Quant. Grav. 28, 215018 (2011)
- O.J.C. Dias, P. Figueras, R. Monteiro, H.S. Reall, and J.E. Santos, "An instability of higher dimensional rotating black holes', J. High Energy Phys. 1005, 076 (2010)
- O.J.C. Dias, P. Figueras, R. Monteiro, J.E. Santos and R. Emparan, "Instability and new phases of higher dimensional black holes", Phys. Rev. D80, 111701 (2009)
- P. Figueras and J. Lucietti, "On the uniqueness of extremal vacuum black holes", Class. Quant. Grav. 27, 095001 (2010)
- P. Figueras and H. Elvang, "Black Saturn", JHEP 0705, 050 (2007)
- P. Figueras, "A black ring with a rotating 2-sphere", JHEP 0507, 039 (2007)