Professor Paul Townsend
- Postdoc positions at SUNY, Stony Brook, USA; CERN (UK junior fellow), Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris (Joliot-Curie fellow).
- Appointed DAMTP lecturer 1984. Currently DAMTP Professor of Theoretical Physics.
- Elected Fellow of the Royal Society, 2000
General Relativity, supersymmetry, string/M-theory, solitons, cosmology and various topics in Mathematical Physics
- D. Mateos and P.K. Townsend, ``Supertubes'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 87:011602 (2001)
- M.N.R. Wohlfarth and P.K. Townsend, ``Accelerating cosmologies from compactification'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 91:061302, (2003)
- E.A. Bergshoeff, G.W. Gibbons and P.K. Townsend, ``Open M5-branes'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 97:231601, (2006)
- E. Bergshoeff, O. Hohm and P.K. Townsend, ``Massive gravity in three dimensions'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 102:201301 (2009)
- L. Mezincescu and P.K. Townsend, ``Anyons from strings'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 105:191601 (2010)