Professor Paul Townsend
- Postdoc positions at SUNY, Stony Brook, USA; CERN (UK junior fellow), Ecole Normale Superieure, Paris (Joliot-Curie fellow).
- Appointed DAMTP lecturer 1984. Currently DAMTP Professor of Theoretical Physics.
Various topics in GR, string/M-theory, and recently some condensed matter topics
- D. Mateos and P.K. Townsend, ``Supertubes'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 87:011602, (2001).
- M.N.R. Wohlfarth and P.K. Townsend, ``Accelerating cosmologies from compactification'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 91:061302, (2003)
- E.A. Bergshoeff, G.W. Gibbons and P.K. Townsend, ``Open M5-branes'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 97:231601, (2006)
- K. Skenderis and P.K. Townsend, ``Hidden supersymmetry of domain walls and cosmologies'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 96:191301, (2006)
- G. Sierra and P.K. Townsend, ``Landau levels and Riemann zeros'', Phys. Rev. Lett. 101:110201, (2008)