Mr Sam Blackburn
- 2006-present: Graduate Assistant to Professor Stephen W. Hawking, DAMTP, University of Cambridge
- 2002 - 2005: Acoustics Consultancy work and paid work experience
- Sam Blackburn makes accessible travel plans for Prof. Hawking, who travels to around 5 countries per year, sometimes for over 2 months at a time. Sam's tasks include lifting the wheelchair into the hold of the plane and ensuring that the medical equipment works safely while airborne.
- He maintains and periodically upgrades the wheelchair and famously unique speech system used by Prof. Hawking.
- He is also developing better communication technologies for Prof. Hawking, such as the infrared sensor on his cheek.
- Mechanical properties of Chewing Gum