Effect of developments in technology on the economy of the Greater Cambridge sub-region
Friday 14 January at the Centre for Mathematical Sciences,
Wilberforce Road, Cambridge CB3 0WA
1330 Introductory talks (chair: Peter Landshoff)
1445 Breakout groups (facilitators: Gordon Johnson and Roger Crabtree)
- Michael Kitson (Judge Business School): local area growth dynamics
- Stew McTavish (ideaSpace): technology and the economy
- Michael Kelly (Cambridge University): speculations on developments in technology
- Lord Broers (Westminster): speculations on developments in technology
1615 Breakout groups (facilitators: Gordon Johnson and Roger Crabtree)
- Where and why do you agree and disagree with what you have just heard?
- What are the risks and threats?
- What will be the impact on the sub-region in 2030?
- What should be done now to prepare for it?
- How can we preserve the sub-region's pre-eminence?
1730 Next steps: Gordon Johnson
Group 1: Gordon Johnson
Group 2: Roger Crabtree