Parents Nursery Association Committee
Minutes of the Meeting Held at 7.30pm on 27 May 1999.
- Marianne van Brandenburg, Elizabeth Aitken, Celia Bockmuehl, Helia Hollmann, Jim Huntington, Stephen Cowley, Margie Sunde.
Apologies were received from Emma Denston and Clare & Colin Malcolm.
- Treasurer's Report.
- Elizabeth reported that we had £
582.51 in the bank, of which £340.70 is owed to the French
teacher. Expenditure on the cancelled Ceilidh and Pot Luck Social
was £40.00, while £530.69 has been spent on the playhouse.
- The meeting was adjourned for 10 minutes to admire
Marianne reported that pieces had been missing when the playhouse had been
delivered. Estate Management, who erected the playhouse, had made good
the missing pieces. Thanks were expressed to Estate Management. It was
decided that Marianne would find out from Estate Management the cost to make good
the missing pieces, and that Jim would then write to Octopus asking
for a refund.
Action: Marianne , Jim.
It was agreed that there would be `painting parties' at 16.30 on 3 June and 4
June in order to waterproof the playhouse.
- Ceilidh and Pot Luck Social.
- It was reported that this had
been cancelled, and that there had been a £40 cancellation
charge. This had been approved by Marianne , Stephen and Elizabeth in the light of
the fact that at the previous meeting the Committee had agreed to pay a
modest cancellation charge.
- Staff Charity Day.
- Marianne reported that preparations for the
annual Staff Charity were progressing well. Hugo's Mum would again be selling
fidge, and there would be other items for sale. The PNAC thanked the staff
for their effort.
- Celia agreed to produce a poster for the picnic on 3
July at Wandlebury, while Stephen agreed to advertise the picnic in a
Newsletter. Marianne reported that Sue's preparations for the string orienteering
were going well.
Action: Marianne , Sue, Celia, Stephen.
- The draft report to the USCC was discussed. A few minor
changes were made to the draft.
It was agreed, after discussion, that a proposal to comment on the number of
children of assistant staff attending the University Nursery would not be taken up.
It was agreed to support the suggestion of fixed term places, and to add
comments concerning sabbaticals and visitors to the University.
It was agreed that Stephen would present the report.
- The draft constitution was discussed, and a
number of changes were agreed. Stephen agreed to produce a revised draft.
- It was agreed to hold the AGM at 8.00 pm on Thursday 30
September. Stephen would advertise this in a Newsletter.
- Autumn Fayre.
- The discussion of possible items for sale at the
Autumn Fayre was deferred to the next meeting.
- Nursery Information.
- Marianne reported that she had been on a team
leaders' course, that Jo and Sue had been on a First Aid course, and that
Sharon had been on a reading course.
- Any Other Business.
- It was agreed to investigate the possible
return of some of the slabs (bought for the playhouse).
Action: Marianne .
Stephen agreed to emphasise in the Newsletter that the PNA always welcomes
suggestions from parents as to how to spend the funds that are raised.
- Date of Next Meeting.
- It was agreed to hold the next meeting of the PNAC at
7.30pm on Thursday 29 July 1999 at the Nursery.
version of this document is
© PNAC, University of Cambridge.