Eurostrings 2015, March 23rd - 27th, click here!
- Quantum Field Theory
- Particle Phenomenology
- String Theory
- Lattice Field Theory
- Quantum Gravity
Recent Scientific Publications
- Entanglement entropy converges to classical entropy around periodic orbits
- by Curtis Asplund, David Berenstein (2015-03-04)
- Scattering equations, supergravity integrands, and pure spinors
- by Tim Adamo, Eduardo Casali (2015-02-24)
- Light Sparticles from a Light Singlet in Gauge Mediation
- by B C Allanach, M Badziak, C Hugonie, R Ziegler (2015-02-23)
- Magnetothermoelectric Response from Holography
- by Mike Blake, Aristomenis Donos, Nakarin Lohitsiri (2015-02-12)
- Non--relativistic twistor theory and Newton-Cartan geometry
- by Maciej Dunajski, James Gundry (2015-02-08)
Forthcoming HEP Seminars
- Divisor braids and gauge theory
- by Nuno Romao (Goettingen), (Tuesday April 7 16:00)
- Instanton Solutions from Abelian Sinh-Gordon and Tzitzeica Vortices.
- by Felipe Contatto (DAMTP), (Tuesday April 28 16:00)
- Spectral Sequences Applied to Two Specific Problems in the BRST Cohomology of Supersymmetric Theories in D=4 and D=10 Spacetime dimensions.
- by John Dixon (visiting Oxford), (Tuesday May 5 16:00)
- Integrable tops, separation of variables and Stasheff polytopes
- by Alexander Veselov (Loughborough), (Tuesday May 12 16:00)
- Folded self-dual geometry
- by Nigel Hitchin (Oxford), (Tuesday May 19 16:00)
- Herchel Smith Postdoctoral Research Fellowships - Physical Sciences (3 posts) (Fixed Term)
- ERC funded Post-Doctoral Research Associate in General Relativity and High Energy Physics (Fixed Term)
Please refer to the DAMTP PhD Opportunities webpage.
High Energy Particle Physics
This is one of two large groups in theoretical physics in DAMTP, the other being the General Relativity and Cosmology group. Advances on several fronts have led to a breakdown of the historical divisions between the two groups and several staff members are members of both. The group is active in Particle Physics Phenomenology, Quantum Field Theory, String Theory, and Lattice Field Theory.