Celebration of Professor R R Horgan's Career in Quantum and Statistical Field Theory
Monday 21st March 2016
University of Cambridge
Following his recent retirement, we gather to recognize Professor Ron Horgan's many contributions in theoretical physics. Ron's contributions to particle physics, diffusion and transport processes, and high performance computing will be reflected with plenary talks in each of these areas.
Schedule for the day (daytime events in the CMS, talks in MR5)
- 10:30 arrival & coffee/tea
- 11:30 G Peter Lepage, "40 Years of Lattice QCD"
- 12:30 lunch
- 14:30 David Dean, "Diffusion in Random and Complex Media: Random Walks with Ron"
- 15:30 coffee/tea
- 16:00 Mike Payne, "The Foundation of the Cambridge High Performance Computing Facility"
- 19:00 for 19:30, dinner at Sidney Sussex College [map] (dress code: smart evening wear such as jacket and tie, no academic gowns)
- Full day registration £40 (£25 for PhD students): includes dinner at Sidney Sussex College
- Half day registration £10: includes lunch and coffee/tea breaks only
Local Organising Committee: Matthew Wingate, Berry Groisman and Amanda Stagg. Click here to e-mail us about the Conference.
Brillouin zones for 2D square, hexagonal, and rectangular lattices. Images by R R Horgan.
- Celebration of Professor R R Horgan's Career in Quantum and Statistical Field Theory Cambridge, 21st March 2016.